IPv6 cookbook - was RA vs. DHCPv6 discussion

Sam Wilson Sam.Wilson at ed.ac.uk
Tue Jun 1 17:55:51 CEST 2010

On 1 Jun 2010, at 15:13, <michael.dillon at bt.com>
<michael.dillon at bt.com> wrote:

>> don't.  What you do is that you enable router advertisements on both
>> routers (and make sure they advertise the same prefixes).  If you
>> want, you can fiddle with their priority along the way.
>>
>> Then you simply leave the rest to Neighbor Unreachability Detection
>
> It seems to me that all of the good bits from this discussion are
> the kind of thing that belongs on an IPv6 cookbook site. ...

I just have a sort of feeling that this sort of thing might have been
done before.  Perhaps some of these need updating?

<http://www.6net.org/publications/index.html> and see under 'Public
Deliverables'
<http://www.ja.net/development/network-engineering/ipv6/index.html#6>

It seems odd that I can't find a link to such a document on <http://
www.ipv6actnow.org/>, but I may not be looking in the right place.

Sam

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.