v6 naming and shaming - *.europa.eu

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed May 18 16:10:57 CEST 2016

On 18/05/16 15:03, Jeroen Massar wrote:

> The best advice for getting IPv6 fixed is for a large well used network
> (google, facebook) to stop providing IPv4. Then suddenly people will fix
> things as they won't have working "Internet" and their users will
> complain really really loud.

Ok so basically, if more/most access networks were IPv6-enabled (because
big or vital providers are IPv6 only) then all service networks would
have to get it working?

Not unreasonable, but that's a very long term prospect I guess.

I'd be curious to know if people have suggestions that work shorter term.

I'm in agreement that shaming is not effective; but I'm frustrated and
it just seemed so ironic that their public claims were so pro-v6.

Question for any access network providers: if/when you run into these
issues, how do you plan to proceed? Leave the site broken and force the
site owner to fix, or work around at your end and hide the problem?

No judgement either way, just curious.

Regards,
Phil