Large IPv6 Multicast Domains

James Small jim.small at mail.com
Sat Jun 7 21:40:17 CEST 2014

I can confirm that IOS (and assuming NX-OS) supports Anycast RP using PIMv6
(RFC 4610).  However, I haven't tested this for Embedded RP so not sure if
that throws a curve ball.  The challenge with Embedded RP is it become a new
application requirement.  From the network perspective it's not a big deal.
However, from the application owner perspective it could be.  I can't speak
to that because I'm not a developer.  It is a change from IPv4 though which
means it needs to be sold to the App-Dev group.

--Jim