Question on DHCPv6 address assignment

Eric Vyncke (evyncke) evyncke at cisco.com
Mon Feb 3 12:23:01 CET 2014

Fernando

Wrt to the Cisco DHCPv6 server (CNR):
1) sequential or random per configuration (can send multiple IA_NA/IA_TA
if there are multiple prefixes configured for this link)
2) while client can send a 'hint' to re-use previous addresses, the server
can do the same thing, we called this 'affinity', as well if using IA_NA
(or course not applicable to IA_TA :-))

PD is the same

Hope this helps

-éric