SMTP over IPv6 : gmail classifying nearly all IPv6 mail as spam since 20140818

Lorenzo Colitti lorenzo at google.com
Fri Aug 22 18:56:32 CEST 2014

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 9:35 AM, Marco d'Itri <md at linux.it> wrote:

> On Aug 22, Lorenzo Colitti <lorenzo at google.com> wrote:
>
> > I believe the answer has to do with the fact that a lot of IPv6 email is
> > spam
> [citation needed]

I'm not on the gmail team and don't have those numbers. Nick asked me for
an answer, and I gave him what information I have. My assumption was that
since they do receive a lot of email, they have statistics on this, but of
course you may not agree with that assumption and assume that they're just
doing this for whatever other arbitrary reason.