PTR records for IPv6

Emmanuel Thierry ml at sekil.fr
Wed Sep 4 11:53:34 CEST 2013

Hello,

Le 4 sept. 2013 à 10:33, Jens Link a écrit :

> I think vendors should put some sensible defaults in place, e.g. no
> SLAAC, no privacy extensions, no temporary addresses on severs.

It is not a matter of operating system. OS should keep privacy addresses enabled. It is a matter of how the software is developped. The developer generally knows what is the best default for the protocol it implements, in the case of smtp, non privacy addresses. It is imho up to the developer to alter address selection.

If i'm not mistaken, the following should work on Linux systems (don't know for others):

> int flags = IPV6_PREFER_SRC_PUBLIC;
> setsockopt(sock, SOL_IPV6, IPV6_ADDR_PREFERENCES, &flags, sizeof(int));

Best regards
Emmanuel Thierry