'Upgrading' NAT64 to 464XLAT?

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Mon Nov 25 22:10:59 CET 2013

* Dick Visser

> I just am reading up on the RFC and it looks like it doesn't have to
> be on the end host necessarily:
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6877#section-6.5

This is implemented in Android - its wireless hotspot feature works just
fine using IPv6-only + 464XLAT as the upstream mobile connectivity. The
hotspot zone remains IPv4-only though, which results in the amusing fact
that when I'm accessing my own home page through the traffic is being
subjected to NAT44646 (the final 46 happening in my data centres). Not
that I'm complaining, it works just hunky-dory (NATs are good).

Tore