http://www.6assist.net/ - call for test

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Fri May 10 12:34:41 CEST 2013

Hi,

>> I think we all understand that any tunnel connectivity is worst than a
>> native. But still there are a lot of places where it is unable to get a
>> native IPv6 connectivity even for ISPs.
>
> Which locations are those, lets discuss that, find those ISPs and help
> them get native connectivity.

One of them is Lebanon. All international connections must go through the incumbent telco, and they don't/won't do IPv6. Annoying, insane, but a fact of life for the ISPs in such countries. So all the ISPs that do IPv6 have to do it with tunnels to HE, OCCAID etc.

> We killed that experimental thing called the 6bone in 2006, that is 7+
> years...
>
> If you want to help ISPs get connectivity, get them on this list, and I
> am sure there are a couple of ISPs here who are more than happy to get
> them connected.
>
> Indeed, in the beginning this will become a tunnel to those transits,
> but at one point that can be replaced.

I wish this was true for all countries :-(

Cheers,
Sander