http://www.6assist.net/ - call for test

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Fri May 10 20:03:56 CEST 2013

On 2013-05-10 19:55 , Jernej Horvat wrote:
> Ivan Pepelnjak @ 10. 05. 2013 13:18:
>>
>> Oh, and BTW, HE has Tunnel Broker hub in Frankfurt, which is less
>> than 20 msec away. Since I'm not playing WoW, that doesn't matter,
>> but of course your mileage may vary.
>>

> https://www.sixxs.net/pops/amis/ is closer O:)

And like all SixXS PoPs does not do BGP as tunnels are for end-sites,
not for ISPs who have their own prefixes.

To quote from http://www.sixxs.net/faq/connectivity/?faq=bgppeering

-----------
Do you provide BGP peering?

You should receive decent connectivity through your tunnel which is
hosted by us. As SixXS doesn't handle any routing we cannot do any BGP
peering.

For peering we base on the Minimum IPv6 Peering requirements (MIPP)[1]
to improve quality of the global IPv6 network. Tunnel users are
end-users and are at the edges of the IPv6 Internet and should not be
doing their own routing at all. The ISP's handle that already in a
aggregated manner. A peering would not be beneficial and would rarely be
for you and thus we are not interested in it.

If you are a ISP yourself with your own DFP and AS number connect to an
IX and peer there with other ISP's. Contact those ISP's in question to
do the peering. See FAQ: Where can I get native IPv6 transit?[2] for a
list of providers.

We can however setup a peering into Ghost Route Hunter system, though
that is for monitoring the IPv6 routing tables only and thus doesn't
carry any traffic. See the dedicated pages about that system for more
information.

[1] http://www.sixxs.net/archive/docs/ipv6-minimum-peering.txt
[2] http://www.sixxs.net/faq/connectivity/?faq=ipv6transit

Give that some thought. Note that the latter URL contains a list of ISPs
who can provide Native IPv6 Transit in various countries.
If yours is not in there and you do provide that service, don't hesitate
to read the page for details on how to get added...

Greets,
 Jeroen