http://www.6assist.net/ - call for test

Max Tulyev maxtul at netassist.ua
Fri May 10 11:51:46 CEST 2013

On 10.05.13 12:33, Jeroen Massar wrote:
> There are a number of "IX"/VPN platforms out there that allow this
> already though, http://www.virt-ix.net/ for instance and the numerous
> hackerspace VPN networks.

I didn't manage to google anything similar before we started to do that
ourself.

virt-ix.net and hackerspace VPN networks are not for public Internet in
production in any case ;)

> For your "problem statement" from the page:
>
> "The main disadvantage of using a tunnel broker is traffic path not
> optimal. Imagine you are in Germany, use the IPv6 tunnel broker in USA
> and connecting via IPv6 to some server in Italy"
>
> The answer is simple: get an ISP in that local country to set up a
> tunnel broker PoP. Traffic will then be properly routed.
>
> Tunnels should go to endsites, not between networks.

I think we all understand that any tunnel connectivity is worst than a
native. But still there are a lot of places where it is unable to get a
native IPv6 connectivity even for ISPs. Much more places have only one
carrier to choise, which is not sufficient for normal AS operation.

In any case, we have to live with that kind of tunnels for several years
at least.