measurement data of IPv6 flows and IPv6 download rate for Dual-Stack subscribers

Matej Gregr igregr at fit.vutbr.cz
Wed Jun 26 14:48:13 CEST 2013

Hello Tassos,
  yes, we are doing the same measurements in our network and in the
whole NREN network (CESNET) in the Czech Republic.
You can access the statistics from our network at
http://6lab.cz/live-statistics/ipv6-brno-univeristy-of-technology/ and
for the whole NREN network at
http://6lab.cz/live-statistics/ipv6-cesnet-nework/

True is, that the statistics at 6lab.cz are not from dual stack only
network, but from the whole networks. I have done measurements only from
dual stack network (6000 users) with the following results.

Around 80 % of users in the dual stack network are configured with IPv4
and IPv6, the rest are only IPv4 (mainly Windows XP).

The IPv4/IPv6 ratios of flows and bytes are following.

IP4 flows IN ratio:  85.7 %        IP4 bytes IN ratio: 83 %
IP6 flows IN ratio:  14.3 %        IP6 bytes IN ratio: 17 %
IP4 flows OUT ratio: 85.7 %        IP4 bytes OUT ratio: 93 %
IP6 flows OUT ratio: 14.3 %        IP6 bytes OUT ratio: 7%

Greets,

M.