6to4 status (again)

Ole Troan ot at cisco.com
Thu Feb 28 14:32:36 CET 2013

> Not sure if Townsley is on this or not, if he is maybe he can comment on where this stands within Cisco.  FWIW - I am requiring all my vendors to not enable 6to4 at all by default.  In the case where I provide the router 6to4 will not even be an option.  I have extended this requirement to my vendors that build retail devices as well.  The latter is harder to enforce.

as far as I know there is no current Linksys model that has 6to4 enabled by default.
including the one referred to by Mikael.

> I do not think 6to4 offers a great experience however I am not at the point where I am passionate about its death.  It will go away eventually.  And like I said I will try to encourage my customers to disable the same.

luckily 6to4 doesn't matter much any more. ref http://www.google.com/ipv6/statistics.html
my personal opinion is still that you would do the community a service if you turned off your 6to4 relays.

cheers,
Ole