6to4 status (again)

Brzozowski, John Jason jjmb at jjmb.com
Thu Feb 28 14:24:17 CET 2013

Not sure if Townsley is on this or not, if he is maybe he can comment on
where this stands within Cisco.  FWIW - I am requiring all my vendors to
not enable 6to4 at all by default.  In the case where I provide the router
6to4 will not even be an option.  I have extended this requirement to my
vendors that build retail devices as well.  The latter is harder to enforce.

I do not think 6to4 offers a great experience however I am not at the point
where I am passionate about its death.  It will go away eventually.  And
like I said I will try to encourage my customers to disable the same.

John