6to4 status (again)

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Thu Feb 28 14:18:52 CET 2013

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013, Jeroen Massar wrote:

> You are correct, Apple (Express/Extreme/TimeCapsule) for instance
> provide this and there are other boxes out there that can enable 6to4
> easily enough. As they indeed sit on the public IP they can do 6to4.

For instance Cisco Linksys EA4500 will do 6to4 and advertise this to hosts
behind it, if you disable IPv6 in the GUI. I have bug reported this, don't
know if anythnig came out of it :P

When this happened it took a little while before I realised what was going
on and why things were so broken. 6to4 needs to die die die.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se