6to4 status (again)

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Thu Feb 28 13:26:40 CET 2013

On 2013-02-28 13:19, Brzozowski, John Jason wrote:
> Max I see quite a few 6to4 hosts that appear to be behind a home router
> ie the router itself is enabling 6to4.  As long as the outside interface
> is unique 6to4 will work if I am not mistaken.

You are correct, Apple (Express/Extreme/TimeCapsule) for instance
provide this and there are other boxes out there that can enable 6to4
easily enough. As they indeed sit on the public IP they can do 6to4.

If the NAT box does not do 6to4 the client will likely start using
Teredo, which is enabled per default and otherwise some popular torrent
client like uTorrent will enable it for them.

Greets,
 Jeroen