6to4 status (again)

Mark Townsley mark at townsley.net
Thu Feb 28 15:55:31 CET 2013

We turned 6to4 off by default on most if not all of our linksys line a couple of years back. The biggest battle here was that it was in violation of a Windows Home Vista standard written years ago but still on the books as required. I am only a little surprised but very disappointed to hear it has crept back in. Note that for the 4500, depending in the hardware version, you may have ODM code or CISCO code. We had less control of one vs the other of course. All of this is being transitioned to Belkin now, I hope they stay on top of it.

- Mark