IPv6 Ignorance

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Tue Sep 18 10:34:23 CEST 2012

On 2012-09-18 10:28 , Philipp Kern wrote:
> Sorry for getting off-topic…
>
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 09:37:13AM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 05:48:21PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
>>> addresses[1]. Of course I then need to be able to reach my boxes/VMs
>>> from the networks I'm on. Then, as a customer, I would take my money
>>> elsewhere if I could[2] to get native IPv6 connectivity. Which then
>>> equates with the DSL provider getting less money.
>>> [2] Which is basically impossible wrt DSL providers in Germany.
>> I think a certain company from the Munich area offered it even
>> earlier, but was maybe slightly on the expensive side for a private
>> customer.
>
> I know that M-net is a nice example these days. As for the other company
> based in Munich: AFAICS it's still way too expensive for a private
> customer because it's managed access and aimed at businesses.

As you only mention two:

https://www.sixxs.net/faq/connectivity/?faq=native&country=de

16 companies in Germany claim to be able to deliver native IPv6.
most of these over DSL, what their exact pricing is, is of course a
different question ;)

And everybody knows they can get a free tunnel from a variety of
locations ;)

Greets,
 Jeroen