OT: cheap colo space in Southern Germany/Munich

Tristan Santore tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net
Sat Nov 24 22:51:03 CET 2012

On 24/11/12 21:43, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> Correct. Hetzner knows what will come inevitably and they are adjusting
> their business accordingly. Does this suck for a lot people? Yes. Is
> there a way for Hetzner to magically shake IPv4 address space from a
> tree? No.
I was not even going to get involved in this useless thread,
however, the above is factually incorrect.

I also find it annoying that Hetzner is considering this "solution",
however, there are a lot of us with free blocks, where we only pay the
flexi pack fee.

So, what Hetzner should be doing is, give us an incentive, to hand some
blocks back, by allowing us to keep half the addresses (for VMs etc..)
every time we switch to a new server. The older servers are getting
quite rubbish now.
So, both parties would benefit. The main reason for having a lot of IPs
was IE6, as it did not support the SSL extensions allowing multiple ssl
sites on a single IP, which all modern browsers now support.

Anyway. I hope this thread can stop now. Email your suggestions,
complaints to Hetzner.

I will.

Regards,

Tristan

--
Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE
Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore at fedoraproject.org