OT: cheap colo space in Southern Germany/Munich

Sat Nov 24 22:43:58 CET 2012

I will reply to you exactly once, I do not have any interest in prolonging
this thread needlessly. That being said, I feel that I speak for a
significant portion of the subscribers of this list.

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 10:23 PM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

Thanks for accusing me to be a criminal, but not thanks.
> Shady business, my hairy ass. You should be ashamed of yourself.

He refuted your point, he did not accuse you of anything.

If you can not behave in an adult manner, please vacate this list.

> Try to accusing a bricks and mortars business of that, and
> enjoy having your ass sued off.

Irrelevant and a weirdly veiled threat.

If you can not behave in an adult manner, please vacate this list.

It might have been clear for years, but there's such a thing
> as sending a clear message, and ability to plan ahead.
> Apparently, some hosters are better than others in that
> respect.

Correct. Hetzner knows what will come inevitably and they are adjusting
their business accordingly. Does this suck for a lot people? Yes. Is there
a way for Hetzner to magically shake IPv4 address space from a tree? No.

> How do you deal with Google and Amazon as your competitors?

If you are planning to start a search engine or a social network today, you
are in for trouble; no matter how many IPv4 addresses you may have.

What is your workaround for that?

Compete in markets that are not saturated.

What do you have to have in order to deal with that?

I don't understand that question.

You don't have to answer these, I'm obviously being rhetorical here.

You are also ranting continuously and you are pushing various off-topic
and, quite frankly, technically ridiculous issues on a mailing list with a
relatively clear focus.

To quote your initial email:

> Sorry for a lame and way off-topic post, but I'm a bit desperate.

We get that you are desperate, but that does not make anything you have
been writing more relevant to this list.

> I'm in the market for a co-lo rack, half rack, or even quarter
> of a rack -- must be to bargain-basement prices, offer at
> least 100 MBit/s dedicated switch port (better 1 GBit/s),

Try asking actual service providers. Many are subscribed to this list, but
this is off-topic here. Also, if you want to pay bargain-basement prices
(Hetzner...), expect bargain-basement service.

> P.S. Alternatively, how much IP transit space can I get
> from Level3, Interoute, Cogent, M-net, Core-Backbone, and
> to which prices?
--other email--
> I've looked at LIR pricing, and it's ridiculous.

As there's no new IPv4 PI space any more, what use would transit be to you?
Especially since you are unwilling, or unable, to pay for IPv4 addresses?

Nick Hilliard did a good job of dismantling cjdns, but I would like to add
that a TUN device is quite useless unless you have a solid network through
which your TUN devices interconnect. And anticipating that this, or other,
mechanisms will be widely adopted prior to IPv6 is, quite frankly,
ridiculous.

Way too long story short: Even though I can not force you, or anyone else
on this list, to stop posting, I would ask everyone involved to let this
thread die. It's been amusing for the peanut gallery for some time, but
it's not going anywhere and way past annoying.

--
Richard