OT: cheap colo space in Southern Germany/Munich

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Nov 24 22:23:45 CET 2012

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 10:12:59PM +0100, Philipp Kern wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Nov 2012 20:18:04 +0100
> Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> > Whether you have to fire 99% or 98% of your customers is not
> > really going to save your business.
>
> I doubt that's going to happen except for some very shady business

Thanks for accusing me to be a criminal, but not thanks.
Shady business, my hairy ass. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Try to accusing a bricks and mortars business of that, and
enjoy having your ass sued off.

> models. And it was clear since years that some of them will die

It might have been clear for years, but there's such a thing
as sending a clear message, and ability to plan ahead.
Apparently, some hosters are better than others in that
respect.

> post-»IPv4 exhaustion«. The others will apply the usual workarounds and
> deal with what they have.

How do you deal with Google and Amazon as your competitors?

What is your workaround for that?

What do you have to have in order to deal with that?

You don't have to answer these, I'm obviously being rhetorical here.