OT: cheap colo space in Southern Germany/Munich

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Nov 24 13:00:38 CET 2012

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 12:40:44PM +0100, Jens Weibler wrote:

> Now Hetzner is *thinking* (nothing fix yet) to charge to 3-5 € for each

He is not just thinking. He's stating simple facts, and
he just looks to minimize short-term loss of customers
as he's cannibalizing their particularly widespread business
model. Of course, he's lacking the scale of the bigger
cloud provider, his business model will be cannibalized
by the larger players in turn.

Little surprises there, this is very like peak fossil.
Rising prices will cause a more efficient reallocation
of resources, and cause consolidation of players.
It's a funny game.
If you're small, the only winning move is not to play.

> IP. Colocation prices may be different but I guess the IPv4 prices will
> be the same.
>
> btw: you have to mention that Hetzner is giving you a /64 for free (and

I have a /56. Little good it does me, as IPv6 connectivity
is unobtainium for global customers. So far, it's only a
nice extra to differentiate your offering.