OT: cheap colo space in Southern Germany/Munich

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Nov 24 12:46:43 CET 2012

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 11:18:23AM +0000, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> On 23/11/2012 20:38, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> > I get that. I just object to a 10x price hike overnight. No business
> > can plan with something like that.
>
> Do you mind if I ask what they were charging before for IPv4 addresses and

In the old contract, I had the networks allocated for a fixed fee,
and had no monthly costs. The customers after me e.g. paid
https://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_colocation/uebersicht
29 (6 usable IPs) - 5.40 euros/month
/28 (14 usable IPs) - 11.20 euros/month

Now the new pricing talked about go to 2-5 EUR/IP, which
destroys many a business model. IPv6 would alleviate
that, except if less than 1% of your potential customers
have it, it's not there.

I've looked at LIR pricing, and it's ridiculous.

Instead of supporting a business model based on
creating artifical scarcity I'll be looking into
joining efforts to build an alternative Internet
infrastructure, e.g. cjdns which don't need a
central address allocation.

Les réseaux sont mortes, vivent les réseaux!