PXE booting over IPv6

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Wed Nov 21 14:01:44 CET 2012

Hi Éric,

> If you do not mind my chiming in... And, being one of those Tim's technical people, I can be wrong but my reading of the cited C3560-X data sheet
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/data_sheet_c78-584733.html (search for 'IP base')
> seems to indicate that with:
> - LAN base: plain layer-2 switch
> - IP base: routed access + RIP + RIPng + static routes
> - IP services: OSPFv3, OSPFv3, BGP, IS-IS, ...
>
> I hope that I am not wrong on this one ;-) Else, it will be fixed.

I don't know the C3560-X specific stuff, but I know i.e. that the IP base software for a c1841 does not include any IPv6 support at all. There you also need the AdvIP license. They fixed that for the c1941 because it has a different license model. But the older stuff (i.e. ISR1 series) sucks.

- Sander