And this month big surprize is... Romania!

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Sat May 5 19:31:28 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 07:22:20PM +0200, Eric Vyncke (evyncke) wrote:
> You are correct, the last sample of a couple of days ago is 'just' 500k peers so not really accurate but it can give a good idea. It is more about trends than actual percentage per country as the tests are done for 24-48 hours only.
>
> As long as IX do not expose their IPv6 traffic (or even per AS traffic) we have to rely on some biased measurements. In this case, BT is not used by all countries for example.
>
> But, w/o this measurement, I would have been unable to spot the sudden rise of Romanian traffic (which is also confirmed by APNIC & Google).

I think this is a useful metric to see how broadband IPv6 deployment takes
up across the world.  Of course it is skewed, as it doesn't tell anything
about seeders, about countries that prefer emule to BT, and doesn't tell
us much about how *well* IPv6 works there (maybe the whole Telco in question
is connected only over an IPv6 tunnel...) - but still, it shows *trends*,
and this is useful :-)

Thanks for running these tests and sharing your results.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279