And this month big surprize is... Romania!

Eric Vyncke (evyncke) evyncke at cisco.com
Sat May 5 19:22:20 CEST 2012

Stefan

You are correct, the last sample of a couple of days ago is 'just' 500k peers so not really accurate but it can give a good idea. It is more about trends than actual percentage per country as the tests are done for 24-48 hours only.

As long as IX do not expose their IPv6 traffic (or even per AS traffic) we have to rely on some biased measurements. In this case, BT is not used by all countries for example.

But, w/o this measurement, I would have been unable to spot the sudden rise of Romanian traffic (which is also confirmed by APNIC & Google).

-éric