Monitor IPv6 BGP peering

Seth Mos seth.mos at dds.nl
Mon May 7 09:02:19 CEST 2012

Hi,

This may be a redundant question but I was hoping if someone is willing
to shed some light on the state of the issue.

I've looked online how to monitor the IPv6 BGP peering state via SNMP of
our Cisco routers. The only references I found regarding this is that
they might be listed oddly in the SNMP table, but that was 12.3 iirc.

On my 2921 I have Version 15.1(4)M and it is not even showing the IPv6
peers with the odd notation either.

Is there anyone on the list here that (still) has a case open with Cisco
regarding this?

It doesn't seem to have progressed anywhere since somewhere 2008.

Other posts indicate that they acknowledge this support is missing, but
not resolution.

Kind regards,

Seth Mos