CloudFlare IPv6 BGP announcements - WTF guys?

Oliver olipro at 8.c.9.b.0.7.4.0.1.0.0.2.ip6.arpa
Mon Jul 16 23:14:07 CEST 2012

On Monday 16 July 2012 21:58:37 Sascha Luck wrote:
> Oh, your argument is that PI space should be used for
> this sort of traffic engineering?
> I agree and I'd go further and say that the traditional
> PA/PI distinction serves no useful purpose anymore as
> there are now a number of use-cases where neither fits the
> requirements very well.
> I don't see that going away in my lifetime though and, as
> Daniel says, it wouldn't make a huge difference to the
> overall ipv6 DFZ size.

Absolutely not, on the contrary, my argument is that doing such a thing would
be a misuse of PI space.

The solution is to announce what you're given without deaggregating - that's
not my opinion so much as a fact of life given that AS operators can and do
perform strict filtering of the IPv6 DFZ.

Regards,
Oliver