CloudFlare IPv6 BGP announcements - WTF guys?

Sascha Luck lists at c4inet.net
Mon Jul 16 22:58:37 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 10:47:16PM +0200, Oliver wrote:

>As it stands, the /48s announced by CloudFlare from
>their /32 *are* getting filtered by (some) ASs.
>
>I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to
>ascertain the how and why.

Oh, your argument is that PI space should be used for
this sort of traffic engineering?
I agree and I'd go further and say that the traditional
PA/PI distinction serves no useful purpose anymore as
there are now a number of use-cases where neither fits the
requirements very well.
I don't see that going away in my lifetime though and, as
Daniel says, it wouldn't make a huge difference to the
overall ipv6 DFZ size.

rgds,
Sascha Luck