Netgroup support of ipv6 in Solaris/Linux

Ignatios Souvatzis ignatios at cs.uni-bonn.de
Tue Jan 17 15:33:41 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 08:12:21AM -0500, Matthew Huff wrote:
> By servers, I meant the NIS clients, sorry (They are both Linux and Solaris servers).
>
> There are no logs that I can see (nothing is put in auth.* nor /var/log/messages)

Well... look on the NIS servers (of course) and if you can't find
anything in /var/log (or /var/adm for Solaris) increase the debugging
level. If you can't find out how, use snoop or tcpdump in verbose
setting to watch the traffic... you might have to slilghtly increase
capture size... it will decode the RPC packets and tell you the error
returned and the address used.

Regards,
	-is