Netgroup support of ipv6 in Solaris/Linux

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Wed Jan 18 15:52:48 CET 2012

Found it.

Solaris doesn't do reverse lookups for ipv6 in DNS unless there is an entry for ipnodes in nsswitch.conf. Since we are probably using a template in jumpstart from years ago, we didn't have it.

Once we added:

Ipnodes: files dns

Everything worked.

----
Matthew Huff             | 1 Manhattanville Rd
Director of Operations   | Purchase, NY 10577
OTA Management LLC       | Phone: 914-460-4039