TSP solutions

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Fri Sep 16 14:00:12 CEST 2011

On 2011-09-16 13:50 , Arjan Van Der Oest wrote:
> On 16Sep, 2011, at 13:20 , Jeroen Massar wrote:
>
>> That is indeed the point. As now you are starting your question
>> from the middle of the equation while there are other options that
>> might fit better.
>
> Well, I'm used to asking non-ambigious questions that can be answered
> with non-ambigious answers. The how and why is not really relevant to
> my question: does anyone know a TSP solution? But ymmv :-)

You got the answer to that question, but it is more insightful to ask
questions back.

>> If you want I can pass Draytek contacts who should be able to get
>> you to the right people for getting that feature in.
>
> I have the same contacts at Xpertdata, thanks for the offer ;-)

Hmm, I was more thinking of the people who actually did the code for
adding TSP and AICCU to the firmware, but heck, if you want to go
through the importer, enjoy ;)

[..]
> When I e-mail a TAC with the question "what box supports VRRPv3" I
> would be surprised when they ask me "what are you trying to
> accomplish" ;-)

I actually hope they answer your first question and then are smart
enough to ask that latter question as they might have some insight that
you might not have for the basis of your selection of protocol.

>> The "IPv6 Transition Mechanism / Tunneling Comparison":
>> http://www.sixxs.net/faq/connectivity/?faq=comparison comes to mind
>> too. TSP is thus primarily useful for when you have endusers who
>> are behind a NAT and have changing addresses.
>
> Agree, but since 6rd and 6in4 are currently not supported: hence my
> question.

6in4 definitely is supported. As stated in the rest of my message they
are running on a Linux kernel and they also support the full set of
AICCU, thus static 6in4, heartbeated 6in4 and of course AYIYA which uses
tun/tap.

As it Linux, after 2.6.33 and with the right iproute tool set you
already have support for it. Field-tested already also by all the people
with Linux kernels who tried 6rd, which is likely 90% of the people who
did something with 6rd.

>> which would mean quickly kicking the vendor to maybe add support.
>
> Consider it already done.

Through your distributor, well yes, then it will take time unless you
are a rather extremely large customer ;)

Greets,
 Jeroen