mobile devices (umts/LTE) and IPv6

Jima jima at beer.tclug.org
Tue Sep 6 15:57:48 CEST 2011

On 2011-09-06, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Sep 2011, Thomas Schäfer wrote:
>
>> is anywhere a overview of mobile-devices, like umts/lte-sticks and
>> mobile-phones, supporting IPv6? (not WLAN/Wi-Fi)
>
> The short answer is: A lot of Nokia devices, mainly Symbian and Maemo.
> Nothing else.
>
> There are beta software+firmware for some phones and LTE sticks, but
> they're not publically available.

 IPv6 over LTE has been publicly available since at least March
(personally verified on 2011-03-21, 4 days after the HTC Thunderbolt was
released), and I've seen anecdotal evidence that some embedded/USB LTE
modems feature it, as well, e.g.:

http://blog.pmarks.net/2011/02/i-took-this-photo-of-one-of-lte-demo.html

 So no, not quite "nothing else."

     Jima