mobile devices (umts/LTE) and IPv6

Thomas Schäfer thomas at cis.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Sep 6 16:43:17 CEST 2011

Hi,

Thank you for the answers.
The reason, why I ask, is quite simple.

I have got an LTE-stick (Huawei E398).
The software/driver for Windows from July2011 - has two dial-in methods
(the "LAN"-Card(dhcp4) and the classic modem (ppp)).

In both cases IPv6 is not only disabled, also so disabled, that a normal
user may not able to enable it. ( I guess somewhere in the registry.)

May be this behavior will be changed in the next releases.

But I prefer Linux and I would like to know a little bit what is going
on on the "line".

Huawei/t-mobile have released an incomplete piece of software for linux.
The modem-mode is working, but without IPv6.

The ndis-mode is a puzzle for me. Everything seems to be there, but it
doesn't fit.

Sorry, if you feel I am to much off topic, but for me IPv6-operation
doesn't end at the bgp-router.

Regards,

Thomas

--

There’s no place like ::1

Thomas Schäfer (Systemverwaltung)
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität
Centrum für Informations- und Sprachverarbeitung
Schellingstraße 10 Raum J407A
80799 München ☎ +49/89/2180-9706  ℻ +49/89/2180-9701