"Recommendations on IPv6 Route Aggregation" (was: Re: IPv6 multihoming)

Vesna Manojlovic BECHA at ripe.net
Tue Feb 8 12:06:53 CET 2011

Hi Gert, all,

On 2/7/11 7:35 PM, Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 02:43:03PM +0000, Siraj 'Sid' Rakhada wrote:
>> Looking at the above URLs, I see where it mentions that operators should
>> filter prefixes longer than /32 - section 5.2 on Gert's filter page.
>> This is something I missed on previous readings!
> Whether or not operators want to permit /33.../<whatever> from /32s
> is still under discussion - I've tried to push this to the RIPE routing
> working group, as this is really something "operators should agree upon",
> but so far (unless I've missed something), the routing WG hasn't been able
> to come to consensus what they want to see as "official recommendation".
>
> I'd *really* like to see operator consensus here, instead of a single
> person (me :) ) just stating something...

just to add a pointer:

this has been a proposal at the routing-wg mailing list:
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/wg/routing/index.html

and here is the text:
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/maillists/archives/routing-wg/2010/msg00079.html

and the discussion:
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/maillists/archives/routing-wg/2010/msg00104.html

(last comments from May 2010)

Rob, please correct me if I have missed the more recent version of this
document.

Regards,
Vesna