"Recommendations on IPv6 Route Aggregation" (was: Re: IPv6 multihoming)

Rob Evans internetplumber at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 12:21:15 CET 2011

> Rob, please correct me if I have missed the more recent version of this
> document.

You haven't.  Equally there isn't that much to document, although
curiously this is now the fourth time this has come up in the last
couple of weeks.

In my experience the number of people filtering on /32s appears to be
diminishing, /48s are widely accepted (for unverified values of
"widely"), and so "prudent subdivision" of a /32 is likely to become
the norm where needed, especially as the proposal to allocate
additional /32s for routing reasons did not reach completion in the
RIPE region.

Philip or I should update the document to reflect that, consider this
another poke/reminder to do just that...

Regards,
Rob