IPv6 Source Address Selection on Mac OS X Lion

Eric Schnoebelen eric at cirr.com
Thu Dec 15 19:45:00 CET 2011

Mohacsi Janos writes:
- On Thu, 15 Dec 2011, Christoph Stahl wrote:
- > Its hard to believe, that there might be no way to achieve that on Mac,
- > when there are obvious ways for Win and Linux. You mention the command
- > "ip6addrctl". This command is not in Lion, but also not in Snow Leopard.
- > I cannot say if it is in Leopard or even Tiger.
-
- Since Max OS X has strong root in *BSD, and all the *BSD is using
- "ip6addrctl" to setup policy table, we might expect ip6addrctl on Mac OS
- X also. Not there for any Mac OS X until now.

You're stretching in saying "all the *BSD is using".

As far as I am aware, only FreeBSD is using ip6addrctl, and that
occurred at some point after MacOS X was created from the FreeBSD
userland. (much of the original MacOS X PPC kernel land came from
NetBSD, merged into NextOS's MACH kernel)

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric at cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
	"Women and cats will do as they please; men and dogs should