mailing list policies (was: Re: mail filtering based on reverse DNS)

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri Aug 12 09:37:20 CEST 2011

Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> writes:

> BTW, and this is NOT directed soley at Erik, but EVERYONE in this
> thread, this morning I see my inbox flooded with messages, ummmmm, we
> are all on the SAME mailing list, I, like most of you, don't need two
> copies...  seems IPv6  also means we have to learn others all over again
> on how to respond to mailing list messages, and not CC every person who
> ends up in the thread  *sigh*
> I assume we have all been around long enough to know better :)

Sorry about that. I know I am one of the offenders.

Personally I've been around for more than the 2 days it takes to realize
that both mailing list policies and personal preferences vary a lot
regarding this issue :-)

See e.g. http://david.woodhou.se/reply-to-list.html

I tend to agree with the conclusion there.  You could just filter out
the duplicates, you know...

Bjørn