mail filtering based on reverse DNS

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Fri Aug 12 02:32:11 CEST 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-11 at 17:13 +0900, Erik Kline wrote:

> > I think rejecting on no DNS for ipv6 is going to be eve more a necessity
> > than ever before with all thee IP's being dished out to end users.
>
> Without siding for or against this policy, I would say that the right
> time to get this hammered out is rapidly passing.  This is something
> that could, IMHO, still be enforced, albeit with some possible pain
> for existing IPv6 MTA operators depending on the outcome.  It might
> not be too late.

I thought we all would have learned the lessons from IPv4 days, but it
seems some will just never learn.

BTW, and this is NOT directed soley at Erik, but EVERYONE in this
thread, this morning I see my inbox flooded with messages, ummmmm, we
are all on the SAME mailing list, I, like most of you, don't need two
copies...  seems IPv6  also means we have to learn others all over again
on how to respond to mailing list messages, and not CC every person who
ends up in the thread  *sigh*
I assume we have all been around long enough to know better :)