IPv6 site snapshot

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Thu Apr 28 02:16:26 CEST 2011

On 04/27/2011 13:25, Jared Mauch wrote:
> 	So, some further research here.
>
> 	1) Appears there is a FreeBSD bug with getaddrinfo() when it queries for AAAA when it points to a cname.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=156684&cat=

It's not clear to me what you think the bug is. I looked at the
www.apple.com example in your PR, the ones you listed below, and
spot-checked a bunch of the hostnames in your freebsd.errors list. They
fall broadly into 2 groups, either an empty CNAME chain or ANSWER=0. In
either case, what do you think getaddrinfo()'s appropriate course of
action should be given that there is no AAAA record to return? Please
understand, this is not a snark, if there is a bug we want to fix it,
but I'm genuinely confused.

Doug

			-- OK Go