InformationWeek dual-stacked

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Mon Apr 25 11:35:13 CEST 2011

* Frank Bulk

You mean like www.h-online.com? ;-)

> I did not know Facebook was offering IPv6 on a selective basis.  Any idea
> how we would go about getting on that whitelist?

No idea, haven't seen any official information about it yet, but I'd
guess something'll show up soon. For now I did the DNS forwarding trick
Jens posted - works splendidly.

> I already forwarded that WoW article to my helpdesk staff and our largest
> IPv6 customer, the local college.

It's really great that WoW starts supporting IPv6. Of course it's not
IPv6-exclusive content in any way, but gamers are a demanding and
outspoken crowd - if they perceive that IPv6 might be a way to improve
their connection quality, even by the tiniest amounts, then we could
start seeing real user demand for IPv6.

It doesn't even have to be a real improvement. I remember how Norwegian
gamers were super-happy when an ISP changed its access network to use
MPLS. What made them happy, though, was that the traceroutes now showed
that they were just a few hops away from NIX (as the ISP hid the P
routers in the path). The actual latency or connection quality hadn't
changed...

But of course, IPv6 might very well be a real improvement too since it
avoids all kinds of NATs.

--
Tore Anderson
Redpill Linpro AS - http://www.redpill-linpro.com/