I-D Action:draft-azinger-scalable-addressing-00.txt

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Sep 29 10:47:10 CEST 2010

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010, Gert Doering wrote:

> What we have now is by no means the perfect solution, but it's a good
> compromise: it's balancing the extreme positions ("no PI at all" and "PI
> for everybody, I don't care for the routing table") into something that
> makes both sides unhappy, but both sides can (obviously) live with it,
> otherwise the policy would not have reached consensus.

I would like a DFZ slot to cost at least USD1000 per year. I don't care
who get's the money, I just want the money to be paid so people don't do
it without good reason.

Unfortunately there is no payment model that makes any sense apart from
the ones currently paid to the RIR/LIR for holding the "resource" and I
think that's also a fair compromise.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se