I-D Action:draft-azinger-scalable-addressing-00.txt

Tony Li tony.li at tony.li
Tue Sep 28 18:40:25 CEST 2010

> Okay, so now I'm a content provider that *still* has to associate IP
> addresses to domain names for SSL-based services.  I have four transit
> providers and about 80 direct peers.  I now have to attach "an" IP (/64
> likely) for each host from each provider to ensure reachability.  And
> what of my peers?  What will I announce to them?

Well, this is frankly a pretty clear case of a grossly multi-homed domain that topologically makes sense to be PI.

However, if you wanted to do this with PA, you'd get 84 prefixes, one from each of your upstreams.  You'd advertise 84 locators for your domain via DNS. And nothing in BGP would be in the DFZ.

Tony