I-D Action:draft-azinger-scalable-addressing-00.txt

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Tue Sep 28 18:26:41 CEST 2010

Understood.

> > - Now we have a /32 and a /48 in the table.
> > - Rinse, repeat
> >
> > How is this better?  Is it really anyone's assumption that I should
be forced
> into a one-upstream solution and that I would find that acceptable?
>

> No, but if you had PA with ILNP, you'd have N different prefixes, one
from
> each of your upstreams.  Your hosts would seamlessly switch between
each
> of these prefixes.  None of them would need to be globally visible and
would
> be part of our upstreams aggregates.
>
> Tony

Okay, so now I'm a content provider that *still* has to associate IP
addresses to domain names for SSL-based services.  I have four transit
providers and about 80 direct peers.  I now have to attach "an" IP (/64
likely) for each host from each provider to ensure reachability.  And
what of my peers?  What will I announce to them?

Regards,

Mike