Windows Vista / 7 - pure IPv6 (NATPT)

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Sep 1 19:58:18 CEST 2010

On 01/09/2010 18:18, Brandon Applegate wrote:
> Should this work ?  I have a working NATPT environment.  Using Cisco IOS
> to do NATPT.  Using patched BIND to do DNS64.  Doing 'stateless' /
> option-only DHCPv6.

Brandon,

Would strongly recommend using Frank Bulk's excellent windows ipv6
configuration scripts here:

http://lists.cluenet.de/pipermail/ipv6-ops/2010-March/003267.html

These will significantly reduce the level of non-determinism for your
windows ipv6 networking requirements, as they completely disable everything
except for local LAN ipv6.

This will probably not cure your connectivity problems, but at least it
will rule out a pile of potential problem sources.

Nick