Windows 7 IPv6 fail

Arifumi Matsumoto arifumi at nttv6.net
Fri Nov 5 09:33:24 CET 2010

Martin,

I can understand that can happen in the situation where you mentioned.
The source address selection algorithm uses address status, that is
deprecated or perfered, before looking at the outgoing interface selected.

But, I'm wondering why such a situation happens. The router lifetime
is usually very shorter than that of address preferred lifetime.
The former is 1800 seconds, and the latter is 7 days by default.

Best regards,