How does one obtain an IPv6 DNS server when VPNing to an ASA?

Andrew Yourtchenko ayourtch at gmail.com
Sat May 15 04:20:43 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 2:35 AM,  <bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com> wrote:
>  many months ago, I asked for this DHCP feature to be supported in
> the IPv6 varient and was told that the IETF refused - hence ISC didn't build
> it into their product.  Phaugh on them - its open source!  So I built a
> server and client that talk IPv6 and support the usual/customary DHCP
> options over IPv6...  it has the unfortunate side effect of not being compatable
> with other DHCP servers or clients but does the job for me and my little
> piece of hell.  Should work anywhere DHCPv4 does though.

wget $ISC_TARBALL_URL
git init
git add .
git commit -m "initial commit"
[edit the files to add the magic]
git commit -m "cool things added"
[...add a repo on github...]
git remote add origin git at github.com:bmanning/mydhcpstuff.git
git push origin master

and post the url to the repo. Or something like that ?

Or is it too specific to your setup/$(L9_issues) to post it ?

cheers,
andrew