Mysterious missing DHCPv6 feature, was Re: How does one obtain an IPv6 DNS server when VPNing to an ASA?

Shane Kerr shane at time-travellers.org
Mon May 17 04:38:52 CEST 2010

Bill,

It's not clear to me which DHCP feature you are referring to. Perhaps it
is the mix of interleaved style and top-posting, or maybe my ignorance
with Cisco technologies, but I honestly can't figure it out.

Please write it very clearly, in a non-funny way. Try to use a minimum
of acronyms (sort of the opposite of the first post in this thread).
Ideally sprinkle a few URLs explaining what you mean.

Even if we don't ultimately ship it in ISC DHCP, it is probably better
to define this as a dhcpd.conf/dhclient.conf recipe, perhaps using
vendor-specific options, rather than shipping custom code. But I can't
say since I don't know what you mean.

--
Shane