How does one obtain an IPv6 DNS server when VPNing to an ASA?

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Sat May 15 02:35:56 CEST 2010

 many months ago, I asked for this DHCP feature to be supported in
the IPv6 varient and was told that the IETF refused - hence ISC didn't build
it into their product.  Phaugh on them - its open source!  So I built a
server and client that talk IPv6 and support the usual/customary DHCP
options over IPv6...  it has the unfortunate side effect of not being compatable
with other DHCP servers or clients but does the job for me and my little
piece of hell.  Should work anywhere DHCPv4 does though.

--bill