IPv6 cookbook - was RA vs. DHCPv6 discussion

Sam Wilson Sam.Wilson at ed.ac.uk
Wed Jun 2 14:14:53 CEST 2010

On 2 Jun 2010, at 09:13, <michael.dillon at bt.com>
<michael.dillon at bt.com> wrote:

>> I do have a sense of deja-vu in a lot of instances, and all this has
>> been
>> covered before:  you're correct.  I also agree that existing sites
>> simply
>> need updating or new ownership just to get them pushed along.  I'm
>> currently facing that as I go throw my own IPv6 planning for another
>> group.
>
> Neither the 6net or the Janet sites are "cookbooks", neither are
> wikis,
> and there is no easy way to update them. A cookbook should allow
> anyone
> to post their recipe/solution for a problem that they have faced,
> without requiring any bureaucratic process of contacting site owners.

That's one definition of a cookbook.  I'd hope there would be some
editorial oversight and quality control, especially if the
participants in recent discussions here were all to be offering their
recipes and editing each others.

> Hopefully the ARIN wiki already has links to the 6net and Janet
> resources.

Not to JANET.  Searching for 6NET brings up only this <http://
www.getipv6.info/index.php/Review:An_IPv6_Deployment_Guide>.

Sam

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.