Safari on IPv6 ?

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Mon Feb 1 15:40:55 CET 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 02:32:07PM +0000, Sam Wilson wrote:
> Can you describe situations where you should expect multiple answers
> to have different information?  I don't think I understand what
> mDNSResponder is doing because in normal DNS, modulo times when
> information is changing, all answers should have the same data.

Since you can't query DNS for "give me A+AAAA", the application query
"give me whatever address you have!" will result in two DNS queries, one
for A records and one for AAAA records.  Two queries, two packets, two
is available).

Querying for "ANY" doesn't work.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  144438

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279